Voting is closed!
Thank you to those who participated in the Curious Classroom Contest!
About the Contest
HMH Labs challenged teachers to demonstrate how they inspire learning and foster curiosity in the classroom.
Enter the HMH Curious Classroom Contest with an original innovative teaching resource designed to inspire curiosity.
This past October, HMH asked teachers to submit a 3-minute video featuring an innovative tool or lesson that engages and inspires students. It had to be original, digital and inspirational. Voting ended November 30. Finalists will be notified in December and winners will be announced in early 2016!
Entries should be about a teaching resource that is:
Are you a passionate educator that loves to design and create your own content?
What resources have you made that make a difference for the learners in your classroom?
What file, template, document or guide would be needed for another teacher to implement your idea or use your resource?
Do you own a powerpoint, lesson plan, printable game, quiz, chart, poster, sign, clip art, white board activity, or other resource that can be shared electronically?
How would your teaching resource help students, families, or other educators learn a new concept or skill?
In what way does it improve teaching and learning, foster curiosity, create an engaging environment or inspire others?
The winners of this contest will receive new technology and resources for their classrooms!
1st PlaceA new SMART® board, Chromebooks™ for your classroom, and a collection of books will be awarded to your school.
2nd PlaceChromebooks for your classroom, and a collection of books will be awarded to your school.
3rd PlaceA collection of books will be awarded to your school.
Additionally, the top twenty candidates will be given a tote bag, including a book and t-shirt.
- Share a video of your resource that is 3 minutes or less.
- Describe your original teaching resource, including objectives, target subject, age group and projected outcomes.
- Display screen shots or screen capture video of your digital resource.
- Share examples of results, responses or inspiration behind the resource.
- Have fun and be creative!
- Meet all official rules and requirements.
Determination of Finalists:
- All entries will be posted to the site, and a shortlist of finalists will be determined by public vote.
- A panel of judges will assess the shortlist and award the winners.
- Prizes will be awarded at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s discretion and are subject to the applicable district and school policies.
VOTING ENDED NOVEMBER 30, 2015
Thank you to those who participated!